Sunday, October 28, 2012

Without YOU, My Husband

Since on that day in 1995, the 14th of May, I have honored our wedding vows. But if you weren't here for me tomorrow I am still expected to live somehow. How would I ever be able to wear this ring on my left hand, Knowing that in HEAVEN  lives my one and only husband?
Today I went to a funeral and cried a few tears. A husband and wife were seperated after being married for 42 years. That got me to thinking about what I would ever do if you weren't in my life. For the past 18 years now, I have been your  life's partner known as your  wife. If I were to wake up tomorrow and not have you in it, I don't know how I would ever get through. For I have not slept alone in many years for I have always had you.
Would I be able to sleep at night in our king size bed? Or would I cry so much that I would also want to be dead. Would I be able to go on living as I did before? Or would I rather just be by myself and lock my hearts door? Would I be able to go on living my life? Or would I always have to be worried about all the strife?
Would I be able to go about my every day to day? Or would I want to hide and cry my hurt away? If I were to wake tomorrow and you not be there for me? Would I be able to pretend I am making it for all to see?  If I were to go to sleep at night? How could I do it if you weren't here to hold me tight? There are many things that we have done together. We have made it thorugh many a rough and stormy weather. Yet, thorugh all the rocky times. I have always THANKED GOD that he made you mine. How could I go on living as though you were never here? How would I be able to life like I ought to and hide my tears?
I know that GOD doesn't give us more than we can handle that is so very true. Yet, I do not honestly know how I would be able to handle not being able to love you. Yes, it is true that our children are almost grown. Yet, I do not want to go through the rest of my life feeling alone. I have asked GOD in my own very special way to please wait awhile before he takes you, I DO PRAY. YOU are my heart, my best friend and a part of my soul. I have always taken your love with me throught my day  as I did go. I wrote this tribute to YOU so you  know how much you mean to me. I am HOPING for MANY more YEARS to come no matter how they may be.
I was BLESSED back then when you asked me to be your wife. THANK YOU for being here all this time and being a part of my life. With GOD guiding us, I will forever be THANKFUL for whatever we may go through. Yet, I never want to have to live even one day without having or loving you.
Until the day that GOD does call one of us to our HEAVENLY home, I will TREASURE the love and memories that we have made. I said it 18 years ago and still mean that I WILL LOVE YOU UNTIL MY DYING DAY. I will TREASURE and VALUE OUR MEMORIES that I hold so deep in my heart.Thank you, my husband, for LOVING me unconditionally for one day I know we must part.

No comments:

Post a Comment