Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Jesus' Country Store

                                                            Jesus' Grocery Store and ME


I was LIVING on driving this same highway  in Southeast Texas a long time ago
One day I saw a sign along the railroad tracks  that read "Jesus' Grocery Store"
As I got a little closer, the door opened wide
And when I came to myself, I was standing on the inside
I saw a host of angels, they were standing every where
One handed me a basket and said "My child, shop with care"
Everything a Christian needed was in that Grocery Store
And all you couldn't carry you could come back the next day for more
First I got some PATIENCE and LOVE that was in the same row
Further down was UNDERSTANDING, you need that everywhere you go
I got a box or two of WISDOM, a bag of FAITH
I couldn't miss that HOLY GHOST for it was all over the place
I went to get some STRENGHTH and COURAGE to help me run this race
My basket was getting full but I remembered I needed some GRACE
I didn't forget SALVATION, for salvation that was free
SO I tried to get enough to save both YOU and ME
As I went up the aisle I saw PRAYER and I just had to put that in
FOr I knew when I stepped outside, I would run right into sin
PEACE and JOY were plentiful, they were on the last shelf
SONG and PRAISE were hanging near, so I helped myslef
Then, I said to the Angel, "Now how much do I owe?"
They just smiled and said , "Just take them everywhere that you ever go."
Again I smiled at him and said, "Really, how much do I owe?"
They then SMILED at me SINCERELY and said:
                        "JESUS PAID YOUR BILL A LONG TIME AGO"
( I may not go to church as some of you do, doesn't make me less of a CHRISTIAN than any of you. The fact that you sit in judgement of me, only makes me realize why ALL of this is FREE. Jesus paid the price of SIN so that WE ALL could be saved. He did this for US so that we may live to see another day.   After you read this and go along your merry way. Just remember that JESUS DIED FOR US ALL and for EVERYONE I DO PRAY!!!!!) 

    
the words JESUS'COUNTRY STORE and the poem were posted once in my local newspaper so I copies them to YOU

No comments:

Post a Comment