Wednesday, November 14, 2012

A POLICE CRUISER?? REALLY?

what do you think about the NEW POLICE CRUISER that was bought for OUR SCHOOL?? Here we are needing MONEY for OUR SCHOOLS and THEY can go buy a POLICE CRUISER??



seen this today when I got MY LOCAL NEWSPAPER: ( not putting the name of the paper nor the person's name who wrote the letter. But if needed I WILL AND CAN DO IT)

To the Editor: 
Two years ago I took my grandchild to enroll in our local Junior High school. I was surprised at the condition of the building. Although it was clean and maintained, it seemed so ols, small and cramped. Orientation was held in the cafeteria which was small, dull and uninviting. Utilitarian was the best word to describe it. Not all 6th graders and parents were there, but we almost filled up the room. I wondered how this could function for the entire school (6th, 7th and 8th grades). The first timet ath I looked out the back of the main building, I was shocked at the view. There were many portable buildings and walkways. I don't mean to be direspectful, but my first thought was this looks like a slipshod, thrown together conglomeration. I know manufacturers build those portable buildings with a life expectancy of a certain number of years. SOme of these looked really OLD.
My next thoughts turned to safety. Was there dangerous, deadly mold? Was there asbestos? I do not know if these exist but that is what I thought about. In my opinion, schools should use prtable builings short term as a temporary classroom while they prepare a more permanent, better solution. These buildings looked like they had been there a really long time. honestly I wasn't comfortable leaving my deat grandchild in this facility. Since it is the only 6th grade here in our time, I had to leave her there.
In spite of the conditins, the staff was pleasant, gracious and very supportive. They worked well with my grandchild and taught her well.
When I read in our local paper that a COMMUNITY COMMITTE was needed to look at the facilities and give their opinion about what needed to be done to improve our SCHOOLS, I noted the date and time and attended the meeting. I expected that room to be overflowing with interested people. Shockingly, only a few people have attended any of the meetings.
I have read stories of people going out of their way to help an injured animal, but I haven't seen people (in this instance) willing to help OUR CHILDREN have better SCHOOLS. REAPAIR, RENOVATE, REBUILD??  Somebody needs to make the decision. THe best decision can be made with a diverse group of people who can see the problems and solutions from many different perspectives.
The challenge here for our town is for OUR CITIZENS to HELP OUR CHILDREN, which HELPS OUR TOWN. CONTACT SCHOOL EMPLOYEES, LOOK AROUND and GET INVOLVED.
Some of US don't have SHILDREN in SCHOOLnow. THAT IS NO EXCUSE NOT TO WANT BETTER FOR THE CURRENT AND FUTURE STUDENTS OF OUR TOWN.


(am not putting names of the school nor of the people who commented but this is what I got in response to asking this QUESTION: 
what do you think about the NEW POLICE CRUISER that was bought for OUR SCHOOL?? Here we are needing MONEY for OUR SCHOOLS and THEY can go buy a POLICE CRUISER?? )

1.seen it YESTERDAY not starting or causing DRAMA but had to ask bc I know there are others out there who think the same way as me

2. let me research it

3..You have GOT to be kidding me???? This is insane! Our school, particularly the Jr. High, are in serious need of repairs, and they buy a police cruiser to sit on campus??
I still don't understand why we need a cop on campus full time? Are there really that many problem? I mean, an occasional fight is going to happen, but when is the last time something bad enough happened that we needed a cop? My school that I teach at always had one on campus, but they utilized city and county police...this is just nuts!


4. I saw it to yesterday also...I completely agree. Why does he need a police cruiser? Like is he gonna arrest a student and take them to  HS Jail? Why cant they just call the County to come pick up a problem student like always..and who really takes him that serious anyway? Huge waste of tax money in my opinion. But they're welcome to keep him around to control traffic and be seen walking around on campus all they want...I just think the car is a bit much.


Now, they try to tell me that BULLYING isn't an ISSUE at OUR SCHOOL. Yet, I know difderent. Not only has my child been BULLIED but I know of many others who have been. (Is that why they need the cruiser?) They do NOTHING about the DRUGS at the school either  (Yes, DRUGS are there. I have heard from quite a few students who have told me about some studetns who have tried to sell them things, shown them things and such) When I was in school, we didn't have nor did we need campus security nor did we need a COP??  Why do they need one now if they are not doing the job they are paid to do??

So my QUESTION: WHY DO YOU NEED A POLICE CRUISER WHEN there's NOTHING GOING ON???  WHY WASN"T THAT MONEY SPENT ON THE THINGS THAT REALLY NEED TO BE FIXED/REPAIRED??  It's not like OUR SCHOOL is some BIG RICH DISTRICT because it's not...............

No comments:

Post a Comment