Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Breaking Your Spirit

I remember what my oldest aid when they were young and first started school.
"To graduate from where you did, Momma, will be neat and also cool."
You are my first born and then your sister for me to love.
I know from living here 30 years there is NO-ONE to be jealous of.
No one has treated your sibling the way they have treated you.
She's told me what's been going on so I know it is true.
I know you have been BULLIED and PICKED on these past 13 years and they've tried to break your spirit.
But if I spoke to anyone at the school about what was done, they told me it wasn't true and weren't actually hearing it.
There are some teachers up at that school who have hearts of gold.
But there are others, who to you, have been rude and have a heart that is cold.
We are nobodies to those people in that place.
You can tell when they talk to us and the looks on their face.
When you were spoken to by the assistant principal, you told me what he said.
He asked you if you were jealous of the FOOTBALL boys, man they must have big heads.
That person had no right to ask you that question that they did.
He hurt your heart and made you cry, I know, although you did your best to keep it hid.
They have never tried to help you when you were really in need.
They just sat back waiting on you to fail not caring if you do succeed.
As the years passed and they treated you as they have, I will never forget the look on your face.
You looked at me and said "Momma, I will be so happy when I graduate and leave here but I'm not proud it is from this place.
But what they've never realized that they hadn't done.
They failed and will not break the SPIRIT OF MY SON.

I AM PROUD OF WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU HAVE OVERCOME.
I AM HAPPY FOR YOU TO GRADUATE THIS YEAR AND TRUELY
BLESSED YOU ARE MY SON...........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment